Wednesday, December 15, 2010

2. The Questions: Explain why these are of interest to you. What specific concepts and terms were involved – in other words, what are the legal issues

Brandon Davidson agreed to take 30 minutes out of his busy schedule in order to answer my questions to the best of his ability.  I agreed.  I took the ten questions that we had from our group session in class and chose the questions in which I thought he would be able to answer for me.  I also tailored the questions in a way in which I would understand it pertinent to me.

Most of my questions are dealing with copyrights and Intellectual Property.  It also involves compensation and or money damages.  I am interested to see how I can protect myself from basically benefiting from something that is rightfully mine.  I am going into the far stretches of audio engineering.  I want to see what are my limits.  So these are the questions that I asked Brandon.

Question 1: 

I am an audio composer.  Some of my works may be in the media via television, radio, CD, DVD, Film.  Some of my compositions may be in the form of original song, poems, and music.  How would I protect an original piece of audio and prevent people from performing it live at paid performances?

Question 2:

As an audio engineer, I may be called to design a ground up built for a mixing lab and/or mastering house.  The designs will be strictly for acoustic purposes.  It may involve sound absorbers and or deflectors that may swing out from walls.  It also may include raised flooring.  If I spec out a specific piece of room device or flooring, and the item injures someone. Can myself (as the room designer) be held liable for injuries incurred?

Question 3:

In the course of designing, I may draft a design that may be patented.  If I propose the design for a potential client and they refuse the design but use it regardless what can I do?

Question 4:

If I work on a video project with a partner and it was free when it was completed, but they later sell it, can I be compensated?

Question 5

If production work is created using a popular program, am I allowed to make money off of it?

Question 6

If I worked on a sound track for film and it is shown in theatres, and my name is left out of the credits is there anything I can do to be compensated? 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment