Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1. Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice…

Searching around in Las Vegas for an entertainment lawyer or a lawyer that would be useful to me was irrelevant in my situation. I am probably destined to do business for audio production based out of Hawaii, with clients all over the west coast. The challenge is to work with a lawyer, or a group of lawyers, who can help keep me on the right track. I searched extensively on listings in Hawaii for lawyers who handle these types of things. I also fished through friends who are already in the business as well as family members who might have a contact waiting for me to send them an email and/or ring their phones of the hook. Made a few connections with random listings in NOLO.COM only to come up short of having, one on one attention with a lawyer. One of my aunties responded to my casting call for a lawyer that I put out on FACEBOOK.COM four days ago, “Desperately in need of a lawyer who deals with IP, or audio copyrights, will not pay, only seeking HONEST advice!”. She advised me that there was someone that might help. She works at the same company he does. The attorney’s name is Brandon Davidson. He heads the IP & Technology Law group of her company. He also supports Government Contracts & Procurement Group, and the Creditor’s Rights and Business Law Group. He also practiced environmental and residential lending matters. Wooooww! I think I just snagged something here. I thought, lets see what we can get out of this guy? I knew that some of the questions we came up with, as a group would not pertain to his area of practice. If I could only just make contact with him one way or another, it will shed more light into my path… lets see?

No comments:

Post a Comment