Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 4 EOC: Deathrace Jeopardy

I thought this game was rather nerve racking. I totally understand why it is called deathrace jeopardy. I learned what Large Entity is, in terms of USPTO filing. It is a for profit company that has over 500 employees. I also didn’t know what a Parent Application was. A regular patent application is turned into a parent application, when other applications such as; divisional application, continuation applications is filed under the parent application. I also didn’t realize what abandonment of patent application meant. It is considered abandonment if the applicant fails to respond in a timely manner to actions or requests intiated by the USPTO.

I enjoyed playing this game even if it was nerve racking. It seemed to be on a class curve type of learning because we were somewhat teaching each other. And the best is that it is pretty much open book and on terms and/or definitions. I like how it also gave us some additional bonus points toward our midterm exam. It gives us enough time to study for the exam even if we didn’t really open the book. Im not saying I didn’t open the book, Im just saying for someone who didn’t even open the book, it gives them a chance to study with the class. It was for the most part a review of the entire chapter. I just hope that the items covered on during the deathrace jeopardy is sufficient for the exam itself. Reason being is because the deathrace jeopardy games were student driven and the exam is instructor driven. The game gave me 42 points to start the exam so it should be a good start. Im pretty sure with more review I will get a somewhat good grade on the midterm. I hope we play this again for the other chapters. It encourages learning all these terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment